With the 2013 National Lacrosse League getting set to kick off Saturday night Everett GM’s around the league are getting ready to see if all their hard-work during the off-season will payoff and lead to success. The ultimate goal of course is to be the last team standing when Commissioner George Daniel hands over the Champions Cup and in four plus months, we’ll be able to see who was the best of the best.
Well now it’s also time for the arm-chair GM to make their claim to be the best of the best among their fellow fans. It’s Fantasy Season folks. The all new and improved NLL Fantasy game is here and you get to pick your team with whom ever you want as long as they fit within your salary cap. Last year there was a heated down to the wire finish that wasn’t settled till the very last game of the season. This year will be no different except for the fact that there have been a few tweaks to the system to make the game play a little more use friendly and that much more competitive.
- Changes to this year’s game include moving from individual goalies to team goalies. You now simply pick a team and get scored for either of their goaltenders.
- We reduced the starting salary cap from $120 to $100 to make the game a little harder.
- We also removed one of the transition positions so there are now 9 total roster slots rather than 10.
- There are many new statistics displayed on the game’s updated interface including player matchups and pricing changes from previous weeks.
- The season starts on January 5th with the Rochester Knighthawks playing the Washington Stealth.
- With only one game in week 1, players should initially only use players from these two teams in their fantasy lineups.
- There is a new section of NLL.com dedicated solely to fantasy-related content so there should be more weekly articles this year to help managers stay informed.
- There were 2,900 registered fantasy teams last season.
- The top scoring team last year received an All-Star game prize package including autographed memorabilia.
- The top scoring team of each week of the season was also given a $20 gift card to the NLL store.
So if you’re ready to go, head over to http://fantasy.nll.com/ sign-up and join the fun. The time is now for you to build a winning team and show that you have what it takes to be an elite arm-chair NLL GM.Teddy Jenner is one the leading sources for lacrosse information. He comes by his love of lax honestly with a lifetime of experience, two Mann Cup championships and six years of play in the NLL. Email him at email@example.com, follow him on Twitter @OffTheCrosseBar or catch him on Team 1410 radio in Vancouver, B.C., as the host and producer of the Off the Crosse-Bar Radio Show In 2012, he was awarded the BCLA's Norm Wright Merit Award- handed out to a member of the media deemed to have have contributed to the promotion of lacrosse.
Rate This Story: