Breaking: Boston Blazers in talks with potential buyer, could resume operations for 2014 National Lacrosse League season
ILIndoor has learned that the Boston Blazers, who announced a suspension of operations in late summer of 2011, are in discussions for a potential sale or partnership with a New England group that could resume operations for the team in the New England area. The suspension period for the team ends today, May 31, but the team has been granted an extension as discussions continue. GM and team president Doug Reffue says he is cautiously optimistic that a deal can be worked out. Reffue declined to name the parties involved with the talks, but did say the team could return to the National Lacrosse League for the 2014 season and field a team through an expansion draft. Reffue added that the team has remained active in the last year, courting a host of potential partners/buyers while continuing to pay league fees and consulting with attorneys, accountants, brokers and consultants. “We have invested millions of dollars into the NLL and believe, as we always have, that it is the best sport that has yet to hit the mainstream,” Reffue said in an e-mail. Stay tuned to ILIndoor.com for updates as this situation develops.Chavez is an avid lacrosse player in Rochester and a journalist for the Democrat and Chronicle as well as a longtime Inside Lacrosse contributor. Email him at email@example.com or go to RochesterSports.com.
Rate This Story: