Two weeks after San Jose spoiled Calgary’s home opener, the Roughnecks evened things up between the teams with a 16-13 win at the Stealth home opener. The Roughnecks took advantage of a strong second quarter, scoring seven goals while only allowing one. They maintained a lead for the rest of the game.
Jeff Shattler led the Roughnecks with four goals and four assists, while Kaleb Toth had three and two. Scott Ranger chipped in with two goals and five helpers. At the other end of the floor Steve Dietrich stopped 35 of 48 shots.
For the Stealth, Colin Doyle and Jeff Zywicki each had three goals and three assists, and Anthony Cosmo stopped 39. Both Calgary and San Jose are back in action tonight, with the Roughnecks taking on the Jax, and the Stealth facing the Mammoth.
- Lacrosse team hooks its fans: Mercury News
In other news:
- Brotherly love takes backseat: Calgary Sun
- Llord gives Bandits defense an edge: Buffalo News
- Slow start nothing new for Knighthawks: Democrat and Chronicle
- Rock thinking payback: Toronto Sun
- Home sweet home for the Rock? Used to be: Toronto Star
Rate This Story: